Week 5 Notices

Aloha parents and whānau, welcome to week 5

Last week was a week that was full of emotions. I want to send my sincerest apologies for delivering the news about my departure in a way where you felt like you should have been informed first. To be honest, I was not given any guidelines as to what the appropriate process was, but do know that I felt that your child was the most important person who needed to know first, as they would have had the biggest impact.

Please be assured that we have found a teacher/s to fill in my place till the end of the term. They have also worked with our children.
Mr Macmillan will send out a notification out tomorrow regarding this.

I have definitely felt the love and support from everyone over the past few days. The children along with some of the Middle School teachers put on a surprise shared lunch and tears flowed again as they performed a Haka for me and a beautiful waiata. It breaks my heart to know that I have to finish my year without my awesome kids. It will be my final day tomorrow, and I will need to bank in some credit with hugs from the kids.

We had a fantastic day at Athletics on Monday. The kids all did so well and it was awesome to have some parent helpers as well.  A huge congratulations to those students who competed in the gymnastics competition also,  I know you have been practicing hard all year. 



Just a friendly reminder that all students need to bring their hats to school, we know how harsh our New Zealand sun is. Also, please continue checking that your child is bringing their device to school fully charged. We will be doing some assessments this week, which students will require their Chromebooks for. 


With Delta cases now in Rotorua, sanitising and staying home if unwell is more important than ever. Please do not send your child to school if they are sick. 

We have some exciting learning ahead this week, including the Making a Difference Swimming Programme (Tuesday - Friday) and a hands-on experience from the Rotorua Museum called The Outreach Taniwha Programme. 

Coming up this week:

Monday - No swimming. 

Tuesday - Swimming
 
- Museum programme

Wednesday - Swimming

Thursday - 
Swimming 

- Museum programme

Friday - 
Swimming 
         
    - Golden Time. 

Stay safe and have a lovely Sunday evening. God Bless.


Tai and Kahikatea Team

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning in Weeks 4, 5 and 6

Week 2 Notices

Yes School's about to start!